This one day level 3 course is ideal for people responsible for the provision of first aid in low hazard environments. The course focuses on the role and responsibilities of a First Aider, incorporating short practical sessions and demonstrations.
Onsite special course rate for groups of 10 – 12 people.
What will you learn?
Once you have completed the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of the First Aider including reference to: the importance of preventing cross infection, the need for recording incidents and accidents, and the correct use of available equipment.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious.
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) awareness.
- Administer first aid to someone who is having a seizure.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
Upon completion of the course we will issue you with a certificate from Qualsafe Awards who are our regulatory body.
The certificate is value for 3 years and can be renewed 12 weeks prior to the renewal date, and up to 4 weeks after. The original certification date will be retained if renewed during this period.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) strongly recommends that first-aiders undertake annual refresher training over half a day, during any three-year certification period. Although not mandatory, this will help qualified first-aiders maintain their basic skills and keep up to date with any changes to first-aid procedures.