This qualification is designed to provider learners with the underpinning knowledge to assist and move individuals, as well as the general principles of safe moving and handling. The course is not practical in nature, although we do include short demonstrations in the utilisation of moving and handling equipment.
The content of the course is ideal for people with no previous moving and handling experience, and also for those who simply require a refresher.
Please note this does not include hoist training.
What will you learn?
- Understanding the key concepts of manual handling in relation to assisting and moving individuals.
- Understanding the impact of assisting and moving for workers and individuals.
- Understanding the worker’s own role, and roles of others in assisting and moving individuals.
- Understanding the requirements for preparing the environment prior to assisting and moving an individual.
- Understanding how to support the individual before assisting and moving.
- Spinal injury awareness and common injuries.
- Health and Safety laws and regulations.
- Risk control and assessment.
- Unsafe moving techniques.
- Safe and accepted moving and handling techniques.
- Advantages and disadvantages of various moving, handling and lifting equipment.
- Demonstration of various moving and handling equipment.
6 Hours Plus breaks.
Upon completion of the course we will issue you with a certificate from Qualsafe Awards who are our regulatory body.
The certificate is valid for 3 years.
There is no refresher training for this course. Recommended renewal is every 3 years.