Did you know that incorrect manual handling causes over a third of all workplace injuries?
The law states that employers have a legal responsibility to provide adequate training for those who perform manual handling tasks in their day to day role. This qualification in Safe Moving and Handling is designed for those who work, or intend to work, in a role that involves manual handling. It is the perfect course for those working in a variety of environments including warehouses and shops.
Email us for more details or a quote.
Please note this does not include hoist training.
What will you learn?
- Common manual handling injuries
- Manual handling laws
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessments
- Safe movement principles associated with manual handling, including the body’s:
• Musculoskeletal system
• Centre of gravity
• Lever system
- Manual handling equipment:
• Types of manual handling aids and equipment
• Maintenance and requirements for testing
- Manual handling practical sessions:
• Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
• Team manual handling
• Using equipment
6 Hours Plus breaks.
Upon completion of the course we will issue you with a certificate from Qualsafe Awards who are our regulatory body.
The certificate is valid for 3 years.
There is no refresher training for this course. Recommended renewal is every 3 years.