This Medical Gases course develops skills and knowledge around the administration of Oxygen and Entonox (analgesic) gas, and basic resuscitation equipment. It is aimed at anyone over the age of 18 working in an environment where Oxygen & Entonox are available on site. This course is perfect for staff working in medical centres, emergency services, voluntary organisations and the private ambulance sector. Includes AED training.
What will you learn?
Using your onsite Oxygen and Entonox kits you will cover:
- Understand the principles of administering oxygen in an emergency
- Be able to administer oxygen in an emergency
- Demonstrate CPR using BVM, Oxygen Therapy & Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Understand use of a combination of nitrous oxide 50% and oxygen 50%
- Be able to administer a mixture of nitrous oxide and oxygen in an emergency
- We can include Airway Management and practical use of airway adjuncts. (optional)
6 hours teaching.
Upon completion of the course we will issue you with a certificate from Qualsafe Awards.