Would you know what to do if you were unfortunate enough to be caught up in a major incident/terrorist attack ?
This award is designed to help members of the general public learn life saving skills for use in these situations. It has been developed by government agencies, in direct response to the rising number of terrorist related incidents in the UK.
Whenever there is a major incident such as a shooting, stabbing or bomb explosion, the first priority is to ensure public safety. This can sometimes lead to delays in the emergency services reaching the scene. This can sometimes lead to delays in the emergency services reaching the scene.
Group offer for training on site is for 9-12 people.
If venue hire is required, this will incur an extra charge.
We can train groups from a little as 6 people.
This is suitable for businesses, community groups, organisations and families
Please contact us to discuss prices.
This regulated qualification based on the CitizenAID phone app and pocket guide, will give you the skills to react safely, prioritise the injured in such multiple casualty events and give first aid to the victims.
What will you learn?
- Determining the appropriate actions to take following events, including knife attack, active shooter, suspected bomb and exploded bomb.
- Utilising the CitizenAID phone app.
- Reporting the incident to the emergency services.
- Prioritising multiple casualties.
- Providing sufficient information when the emergency services arrive.
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty who is breathing, including ABC and recovery position.
- Controlling severe external bleeding and applying manufactured/ improvised tourniquets.
- Using improvised and manufactured dressings to pack wounds.
4 hours. (including breaks)
Our main offer price is for between 9 – 12 staff
Upon completion of the course we will issue you with a certificate from the Qualsafe awards who are our regulatory body.
The certificate is valid for 3 years.
This qualification can be renewed every 3 years.