This one day course is designed for those who have an interest in the basic life support of children and infants. It is ideal for babysitters, parents and grandparents and some school staff who wish to gain a greater understanding of first aid for babies and children in their early years.
Onsite special course rate for groups of 10, 11 or 12 people
The course is not as in depth as the two-day paediatric first aid course, but it does meet the Ofsted and Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements. It is advisable to consider the full 2-day course if you are responsible professionally for infants and children.
What will you learn?
Once you have completed the course, you will be able to:
- Plan for first aid emergencies
- Recognise the role of a first aider
- Recognise the aims of first aid and importance of personal safety
- Prevention of cross infection
- Recognise the importance of accident reporting
- Assess an emergency situation safely
- Complete a Paediatric assessment
- Complete a Primary survey
- Provide Resuscitation (CPR)
- Recognise and deal with shock
- Deal with a child who is choking
- Recognise and respond appropriately to anaphylactic shock
- Provide first aid to a child who is unresponsive and is breathing normally
- Utilise the recovery position in an emergency situation
- Recognise and respond appropriately to bleeding
- Respond appropriately to choking
Upon completion of the course we will issue you with a certificate from Paramedical.
The certificate is value for 3 years and can be renewed 12 weeks prior to the renewal date, and up to 4 weeks after. The original certification date will be retained if renewed during this period.